Using the Insureum Protocol, insurers get the data they need to create better policies. Developers and other third parties are incentivized to connect their apps and services to the Insureum Protocol. And policyholders are rewarded for sharing their anonymized data.
Within this ecosystem, these parties can exchange blockchain based tokens (Insureum) to buy and sell 100% anonymized data. Using blockchain to securely send this information between all parties, and to build new insurance policies will save the insurance industry millions every year.
Currently, this centralized ecosystem is built around one-way transactions and outdated operations. This leads to expensive operating processes, underwriting practices and policies that don't quite match policy holders.
A decentralized Insurance industry would mean that companies will have access to the information they need and create value for all major parties.
They’ll be able to to create personalized policies, and save money with more efficient, automated processes. Policyholders and third parties have an incentive to join in and will be 'rewarded' with tradable cryptocurrency by using the protocol.
May (To be announced)
193,050,000 ISR (65% of total)
1 USD = 10 ISR
Min: 0.1 ETH
Max: 1000 ETH*
* for larger investment, please contract at contact@Zikto.com
Here’s where we are now, and where we’re going in 2018
The Challenge is an integrated platform that counts steps and other telemetrics from wearable devices and smartphones
IoT-Blockchain Convergence Consortium backed by Korean government, with SK Telecom and CoinPlug
Contract with KB Kookmin Card to provide step count data for 5 years
Team and advisory board development with experts of key sectors
Partnerships and business development
Expand the data collection scope of The Challenge
Launch MVP based on The Challenge
Start marketing for strategic partners (insurers, 3rd parties, users)
Focus marketing on DApp developers
Distribute template for smart contract
Focus marketing on sales agency (GA)
Develop optimal sales commission scheme
Focus marketing on inspectors
Connect IoT devices
Start discussion on expansion of Insureum Protocol
The Insureum Team is composed of experienced professionals in various sectors including data, insuretech, finance, digitization, development, analysis, management consulting, sales and marketing.
Co-founder, CTO & co-CEO
Ted Kim is the co-founder, CTO and co-CEO of Zikto, he focuses on the development and engineering behind The Insureum Protocol.
- Machine learning/deep learning researcher at Future Device Lab at LG Electronics
- BA in electrical engineering at Purdue University
- MS in computer engineering at Purdue University
Co-founder, CFO & co-CEO
David is in charge of the financial management, fundraising, and business development at Zikto.
- Proprietary trader at Shinhan Investment Corporation
- Analyst at Sears Holdings
- BA of business administration from Purdue University
Lead blockchain developer
Thomas manages data outflow at Zikto. He managed the Government project of blockchain development with SK Telecom and Coin Plug in 2017.
- Founder and CEO at Sentence
- BA and MS of electrical engineering from Virginia Tech
Growth hacking Director
Ziggy oversees strategy and marketing.
- Business developer and analyst at Reddal
- Associate at Crevisses & Partners, a venture capital/incubator
- Founder of Style Plugged
- BA of business administration from Korea University
Michael is responsible for overall marketing strategy at Zikto.
- Streami Inc.
- T3 Trading Group, LLC.
- BA in economics and East Asian studies at Brandeis University
- Studied at Westminster School
Junior blockchain Developer
Peter is supporting general analysis of the insurance industry and modeling of the business models under Insureum Protocol.
- Associate at Meritz Fire & Marine Insurance
- BA of mathematics and financial engineering from KAIST
Graphic Designer & Jr. Developer
Victoria is involved in all the graphic design and web-page development for Zikto.
- Illustrator at the Ministry of Unification of South Korea
- Illustrator at the Cool Farm
- contemporary art from Art School Ulan-Ude
- BS in computer science from Baikal National University
- MS in computer science form Seoul National University
Customer service Manager
Newt manages customer service and customer orders.
- CS team associate at Korean Air
- CS team associate at Pharmaceutical Department of Inje University Ilsan Paik Hospital
- BS in animal biology science from Hankyoung University
Technical and Strategic Advisor
Mr. O’Brien is supporting the Insureum Protocol with the insights and knowledge from his experiences. As a seed investor of the Ethereum Foundation, he is a renowned Crypto expert with solid background in tech and business areas.
- CEO at Bitgo
- Limited partner of Blockchain Capital
- Seed investor of the Ethereum foundation
- Investor, mentor and strategic advisor for early stage startups
- And a lot more…
- MBA at Sloan school of management, MIT
- BA of computer science at Harvard University
Mr. Lee is supporting Insureum with knowledge and network of insurance, finance and investment industries. He is connecting the key people for Insureum to successfully develop the initial stage of the Insureum Protocol.
- Professor in business administration at Kookmin University
- Former CIO for NPS (National Pension Service – world's 3rd largest pension fund, USD 520 Billion AUM)
- Former CIO for Teacher's Pension Service
- CIO for National Credit Union Federation
- CIO for Kyobo Financial Group
- And many more…
- Ph.D. in business administration from Kwangwoon University
- MBA from Yonsei University
- Bachelor's degree in Economics from Korea University
Blockchain and media advisor
Mr. Malik is providing deep understanding about the crypto market as one of the worldwide 100 most influential people in the Crypto market.
- Editor in Chief at ICO Crowd
- Selected as one of the worldwide 100 most influential people in the Crypto market
- Founder & CEO at BlockchainLab
- studied in Birkbeck, University of London
Mr. Edwards is advising on the blockchain development and overall ICO process with his experiences of founding and managing successful ICO projects
- CEO at Block16.io
- Co-owner of Rogue Sports
- Founder of Las Vegas Bitcoin Meetup
- Former VP of business development at Unikrn
- Founder and CEO of Leet
- Studied Finance at College of Southern Nevada
Mr. Santhosh is a serial entrepreneur with a number of successful exits. He is a hands-on technology leader with deep capabilities in building products and growing high performance teams & companies in Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, AI/ML, mobile, etc. Santhosh has also consulted to Fortune 100 companies in healthcare, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, big-box retail supply chain, fin-tech, etc.
- President at Mobiuso
- Co-founder & CTO at EOSNodeOne
- Founder at Innovation Biosciences
- Advisor to companies at Blueprint Health (New York)
- Director at Skyscape - acquired by Merck
- Masters degree from Harvard University
- Masters degree from Boston University
- Bachelors from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Madras)
Mr. Lee is supporting Insureum Protocol with his professional knowledge and experiences, as well as the network from one of the most active investment firm in crypto in Korea.
- CPO and Co-founder at Nextmatch
- Former CEO at DAYLI Marketplace
- Executive board member at DAYLI Financial Group
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from POSTECH
Mr. Kim is supporting Insureum Protocol with his deep understanding about the crypto market and the network with the most influential people in the market.
- Founder and Managing Partner of NE Partners, a blockchain startup advisory and investment company
- Limited Partner of Pantera's ICO Fund
- Advisor for numerous blockchain companies and investments in the industry, including StreamToken, Origin Protocol, FunFair, DMarket and others
- Former International Senior VP of eDaijia, Senior Director of Operations & Head of Kabam KR, and Director of GREE Korea
- Venture capitalist and investment banker (Kennet Partners, TeleSoft Partners, Citigroup Global), executing transactions resulting in over $1B USD in value
- BS in Finance from Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Studied Organizational Behavior & Modern Korean History at Yonsei University
Mr. Hwang is providing deep insights on the startup and blockchain, as well as networks with Korean startup investment and accelerators, from his expertise in tech-based startup and investment field.
- Co-founder & CEO, FoundationX
- Co-founder & Partner, FuturePlay
- Co-founder & CSO, Pium
- Former Co-founder & CPO, Fluenty (Acquired by Samsung Electronics)
- PhD. in HCI, Graduate School of Culture Technology, and MS in Computer science from KAIST
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Kwangwoon University
Healthcare advisor. Mr. Kim is supporting the Insureum Protocol with his deep insight on medical sector, as well as on the strategies.
- Managing partner at Digital Healthcare Partners
- Managing director of Seoul Wise Convalescent Hospital
- Associate at McKinsey & Company
- Strategy & Medical Advisor at Noom Inc.
- PhD in internal medicine from Seoul National University
- MS from the graduate school of public health at Yonsei University
Mr. Choi is a tech and healthcare expert, providing the insights on developing tech-based healthcare service to the Insureum Protocol.
- Chairman of Choi Yoonsup Healthcare Research Center
- Managing partner at Digital Healthcare Partners
- Visiting professor at the Digital Health school of Sungkyunkwan University
- PhD of system biotechnology from POSTECH
- BA in computer engineering and life science
Mr. Kim is sharing his knowledge and expertise on investment and laws, especially about the patent and IP protection.
- Representative of KNK Partners
- Partner patent attorney at Ji-Myeong Patent & Law
- 20 years’ experience in investment and intellectual properties
- Managed various kinds of private funds (AUM of KRW 300 million) at Ideabridge Asset Management
- BA and MS in electrical engineering from Seoul National University
Mr. Lim is bridging the Insureum Protocol with the actual insurance product development, sharing his expertise in Actuaries and network in the insurance industry.
- Director of The Institute of Actuaries of Korea
- Team leader of product/actuaries and IFRS TFT at Kyobo Life Planet Insurance
- BA and MS of mathematics at Seoul National University
Mr. Oh is providing his expertise on medical sector, especially on how Insureum Protocol can connect with medical sector in later stages.
- Managing director at Oh-Gana Dermatology Hospital
- Korea University Medical School
Your Insureum Questions Answered
The token sales will take place in May 2018.
Total market cap will be around USD 30M initially. We will sell about 65% of the total tokens (USD ~20M amount) and use USD ~10M for the protocol development. You can find more details on our whitepaper.
We are planning to sell 197M ISR and raise 20M USD.
While our main office is located in Seoul, our service is not limited to Korea. Zikto Walk (formerly Arki) has been sold to individuals and companies across the USA and EU. Our Insureum Protocol is targeting insurers, developers, and policy holders across the globe.
While analyzing the movement and lifecycle data from Zikto Walk, we found that people's lifecycle data had huge potential to help those outside of the wearable and fitness industry. The insurance industry is one that needs this data to create real policies for real people. There are also many individual developers who want to monetize their own products and services.
We believe that by decentralizing some of these processes and collecting them all in the same ecosystem, we will solve long standing pain points from all parties in the industry.
Insureum (ISR; Insurance + Ethereum) is a cryptocurrency that is exchanged between insurance providers, developers and insurance users. It is most commonly transacted between data providers and data requestors. Users can sell it, and data providers can use it to buy more data.
There will be three main player groups, who are the stakeholders of the insurance industry: Insurance companies, 3rd parties, and the users/policyholders. Insurance companies include all global companies and local startups, like P2P insurers. 3rd parties mainly include app developers, GA (General Agencies for sales), inspectors, and other players who can add value to the Protocol. Users and policyholders are the users of the 3rd parties and consumers of the insurance companies.
Insureum will be benefited from the fact that Ethereum is already widely-used and well-recognized as a secure blockchain platform. Also, Ethereum has two distinctive features which are smart contracts and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs).
Any questions? Reach out to us and we’ll get back to you shortly.